Thoroughbred Cars Terms and Conditions
This product aims to meet the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a car service or repair with Thoroughbred Cars.
SALE PROCESS, CUSTOMER STATUS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. A contract will be binding between Thoroughbred Cars and the customer upon the booking of “car service”.
2. If you place an order via the phone you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. Thoroughbred Cars will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
4. If the car service cannot be done within a given timeframe day due to circumstances beyond Thoroughbred Cars control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle service. These will be an additional charge and a servicing stop advisor will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts & Labour Warranty is provided for a period of 12 months (or within 12,000 miles – whichever comes first) of work carried out by a Thoroughbred Cars garage. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts or related workmanship.
9. The Warranty is dependent upon:
9. (a). Thoroughbred Cars being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe
9. (b). The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed.
9. (c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
9. (d). Full compliance with Servicing Stop advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by a Thoroughbred Cars garage.
9. (e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. We will let you know when the Car Service is completed. From Here you can pay via check or with your debit or Credit Card.
11. Thoroughbred Cars does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at a Thoroughbred Cars garage.
12. The customer has the right to cancel his car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
13. Thoroughbred Cars will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by Thoroughbred Cars employees, agents or representatives’ negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
14. Thoroughbred Cars will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
15. Thoroughbred Cars will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of Thoroughbred Cars.
16. Health & Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customers vehicle is serviced.
17. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are aware of what the service you are purchasing includes( this can be found in the detailed full/interim service schedule). We will also follow your manufacturers service schedule, and any additional items not included in our full / interim service may be charged at an extra cost, but will not be completed without prior authorisation.
18. Any complaint with respect to any car service done by Thoroughbred Cars must be restricted to communications with Thoroughbred Cars. Thoroughbred Cars will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with Thoroughbred Cars.
19. Thoroughbred Cars will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, Thoroughbred Cars will notify the customer accordingly.
20. Where the transaction value is over £500 or a fraud alert is raised, Thoroughbred Cars reserve the right to ask for the payment to be made by BACS/CHAPS.
• All invoices of Thoroughbred Cars shall be paid by the customer within fifteen (15) days of the date of invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing by Thoroughbred Cars. In the event of late payment, the Thoroughbred Cars may charge interest on the amount outstanding before and after judgment. Alternatively, for invoices unpaid 30 days after the due date, Thoroughbred Cars may impose a surcharge equal to 2.5% of the outstanding amount.
• If any amount of the invoice is disputed by the customer, the customer shall inform Thoroughbred Cars of the grounds for such dispute within seven days of delivery of vehicle and shall pay to Thoroughbred Cars the value of the invoice less the disputed amount in accordance with these payment terms.
• Where Thoroughbred Cars requires payment of a deposit, the customer acknowledges that the deposit is not returnable.
• All fees are exclusive of value added taxes which will be added to invoices where appropriate.
• Thoroughbred Cars reserves the right to increase a quoted fee in the event that the client requests a variation to the work agreed.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY THOROUGHBRED CARS IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.